The following article explains PRO mode and its features.
Opting to play in PRO mode engages the performance tracking function of your V2 without showing distances on the watch screen. All of your data will be collected in the background, with each club and its location being automatically identified for every shot you take. This mode is ideal when playing in competitions where the use of a GPS/rangefinder is not permitted. You can still gather data to learn from your round but without receiving on-course information.
Setting up for PRO mode
1) First, please ensure you have inserted your tags into your clubs.
2) Next, press the top right button on the main screen of your watch to select 'Play' options. This will bring up the game modes screen. Please use the top right button or bottom right button to scroll through the game modes and highlight PRO.
3) Press the top left button to confirm you would like to start your round in PRO mode. Once PRO mode has been selected, the watch will begin to prepare your round by establishing your location and linking this with your pre-downloaded golf course. This should only take a few moments.
4) Once a GPS fix has been established, you will then be asked to select the course you are playing from a list. Courses will be ordered from the nearest course to your location to the furthest away course. The course highlighted in bold is the currently selected course. To scroll between options, use the top right button to move up the list and the bottom right bottom to move down the list. When the correct course is highlighted, press the top left button to select this.
5) After selecting a course, you will be asked to confirm that this is the correct course. Confirm this by pressing the bottom right button this will take you to the in-game PRO mode screen which displays the hole number and par information only.
No Courses within 1km
1) If the message 'No Courses within 1km' appears on screen please after searching for a GPS signal then press the bottom left button to exit the course selection screen
2) Press the bottom left button again to return to the main screen.
3) Press the bottom left button to access Settings.
4) Use the top right button and bottom right to scroll through the Settings options and select Courses using the top left button
5) Please then use the top right button and bottom left button to scroll through your courses. If the course you are wanting to play is listed then please exit the course list by pressing the bottom left button to return to the main watch screen. If your course is listed proceed to step 6. If the course is not listed then please download the course to your watch using the most easily available app to you .Please then follow the instructions from Setting up your GPS+Track mode to start the process again.
6) On the main watch screen please hold down the top left button for 15-20 seconds until the screen greys out. This will reset the watch. Please then turn your watch on and follow the instructions on this article from Setting up for PRO mode to try the process again. If you continue to have issues obtaining a GPS fix then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting started in PRO mode
Once your course has been confirmed, the screen will simply display PRO on screen. To get to the Penalties, PinCollect or End Round screen press the menu middle left button.
To provide accurate proximity to the hole and putting statistics we ask that you press a button to locate the pin for us, by pressing a button with the watch over the hole we can accurately establish where the pin was located for that round.
We do ask that you press the number button that corresponds to the amount of times you used your putter on that hole (on or off the green). For example, if your ball is on the fringe and you take one stroke with your putter, then take one stroke with your putter on the green to finish the hole this should be pressed as 2 putts. When you upload your round our software separates putts on the green in to your Putting stats and putts off the green in to Short Game to give you accurate data.
Once you have finished putting on a green, please press the menu middle left button to access the PinCollect screen. Once on this screen please choose from the following options -
- If you have zero putts, press the top left button
- For one putt, press the bottom left button
- Two putts, press the top right button
- Three putts, press the bottom right button
- Four putts press the mode button(middle button on the left)followed by the top left button
Once this has been successfully recorded you will see the PinCollect Recorded Screen. The screen will show for 5 seconds before returning to PRO main screen.
Lost GPS Signal
If the watch loses GPS signal during the round you will be notified on the screen.
The watch will automatically start to search for GPS in this scenario and, if this happens, you can simply wait for it to do so and the screen will return to yardages.
If you want to end the round at this point press the bottom right button. This will return the watch to the home screen.
Ending your round
Once you have finished your final hole press the middle left button 4 times to bring up the End Round screen. Press the bottom right button to End Round. You will then be asked to confirm that you would like to End Round? Press the bottom left button to confirm.
The ending of your round will be confirmed by the displaying of your round summary which displays the length of time the round took to complete. From here, press the bottom left button to return to the home screen or you can press the bottom right button to upload your round to your app.